Auditioning for Voices West is relatively easy and takes just 15 minutes. No special preparation is necessary. Prospective members should have some choral singing experience and functional knowledge of music notation. The audition will begin informally so that our artistic staff can get to know you and gain an appreciation for your singing experience, level of interest and commitment. Following the brief interview, members of the artistic staff will lead you through the following exercises:
• warm-up and vocalization to determine range, tonal quality and vocal flexibility
• the singing of the melody “America” (My country ’tis of thee …) unaccompanied
• the sight-singing of basic melodies and rhythms
• pitch memory and aural recall exercises
The season calendar, attendance policies and dues structure along with concert dress requirements and cost will be explained at the conclusion of the audition. Please know that all auditionees will be treated with the utmost care and sincerity. We know that singing is a very personal endeavor, and we respect all who come to audition for us. Decisions will be based on audition quality and the balance needs of the chorus. Auditions are regularly held in August and January, and at other times by special arrangement. Regular rehearsals are held on Mondays from 7-9:30 pm at Littleton United Methodist Church.
1. Schedule an audition with the chorus manager, Carol Foster:
email: via the contact form below, or at email@example.com
phone: (303) 973-9593
You will be scheduled for one 15-minute slot.
Audition times will be filled on a first come, first-served basis.
2. Audition Dates and Times:
Auditions will be held in the Littleton United Methodist Church Choir Room.
Additional audition times may be arranged with the chorus manager based on availability.
3. Auditionees will be notified of results by email after all audition days are complete.
Please be aware the artistic staff will need several days to work with the new roster and determine proper balance and section configuration, etc.